At Airsorted, we believe that home-sharing is a force for good. It creates authentic and unique experiences for guests; and for hosts, the extra income enables them to do more of what they want. The problem is that for many homeowners, who don’t have the time or the expertise, homesharing is not accessible.
Airsorted’s mission is to build a global platform that makes it easy to share your home.
The goals of the City Manager are to lead both operations and growth in the local market - and be fully accountable for hitting all local OKRs.
The City Manager performs six specific functions;
- Growth: Grow the Airsorted customer base in your locality via local marketing initiatives. It is vital that the City Manager is able to execute quickly against both self-identified local opportunities and growth opportunities that have been tested successfully in other local markets.
- Work in partnership with the Regional Cities Director to build stronger central marketing campaigns to support the growth of the local market.
- Operational delivery: Planning, resourcing and leading the business to deliver the service we promise our customers.
- Building a team: Hire, support, train and retain a team that is capable of almost autonomous management of the local business, operating according to Lean Startup principles
- Improving the product: Focus limited resources on meaningful improvement of the product and service, continuously validating your assumptions
- Stakeholder Management: Cultivate relationships with key partners and suppliers to build defensible assets in the city. These relationships should be positive revenue streams for Airsorted, where possible.
- Planning + Reporting: Set the strategic and operational objectives of the local office and report against those objectives on a timely basis.
We are looking for a superstar with some (or all) of these qualities
- Loves Airbnb
- Strong growth focus and is motivated to grow a young company very rapidly
- Can demonstrate operational excellence at scale; manage a team running live local operations
- Excited to work in a start-up environment
- Is excited about using new technology to transform an industry
- Is embedded in the Brighton community
The successful candidate will probably have:
- Degree equivalent to 2:1 or above
- Experience of working in a high growth environment
- Experience of managing a team
- High level of organisation and time management
- Start up experience is a plus
- Salary based on experience
- Equity available
- Huge opportunity in a rapidly growing startup
- £300 of Airbnb credit per year